Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I am the God of Hellfire, and I give you...

Fire.
I'm led to believe this was period costume in 1968.
So it took some time, but I got my five comments, and the Gods of Rock have been appeased. So without further ado here's the location of the Map of Rock:

It's behind the freaky heads.
What I'm linking to is Many Eyes, which is an interesting visualization experiment put together by the people at IBM. Christophe Viau was kind enough to point me in its direction. The concept behind Many Eyes is simple: you upload data, and then everyone can have a go at visualizing it. If you've kept a log of the weight you've squatted for every workout in the past ten years (and who hasn't?), you can upload it, and the whole wide internet can turn it into a multitude of charts and diagrams. Here is the data behind my graph. Graphs, sadly, seem to have only one visualization, so you're pretty much stuck with the visualization I linked to above. I'm not going to complain too much though: until I can build a better engine for online visualizations, my readers (all five of them) can have a poke around my graph and see who's been playing with who.

If anyone has any submissions to add to the Map of Rock, or explanations as to how Deep Purple could have turned into the awful Whitesnake, please leave them in the comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment